View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
#3 - incredibly bad advice for tuning....

Just what we need - someone doing over a 100 simulating a WOT dyno pull and expecting accurate results. You might be able to pull this off if you can miss the person pulling out of their driveway or the other one on the cell phone changing lanes. Instant wreck.

Spend the money and go to a dyno. Most can pull an accurate AFR for tuning.
Ehh...you never drove your car at 100mph on the street? That's like 156km/h...not terribly high speed. Millions of Germans drive much faster than that, on daily bases and live to tell. Actually, their highway death figures are much lower than American. I drive at 100mph when I'm late for job...not if there are cars around and it's crowded but as soon as there is open strech of highway and no cars it's perfecly safe to goose the car into 100mph...it happends in an instant and it's easy to brake down to legal speed. You could also do a pull in 2:nd gear.

About "simulating WOT dyno pull and getting accurate results":

In my opinion, dyno IS simulating road-driving, not vice versa. And you will probably get less accurate results on a dyno than on a highway as car won't be moving trough the air. Yes, there might be a blower trying to push air into intercooler but it isn't the same thing as having the car in it's natural habitat.

So by all means...yes, I believe that highway "dyno" is better than "strap your car onto these rolls, give me 100 bucks and I'll show you some happy figures" -dyno for most pedestrian needs. Actually, I have an accellerometer in my AuxBox which gives me posibility to extract torque, which allows me to extract power. With other words, I have my own pocket-dyno. All I need is a strech of straight road.

Last edited by beepbeep; 08-17-2007 at 02:23 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)