View Single Post
user & abuser

Garage
Lightbulb

well, i'm betting the most 'big block' transplants are faster then most 930's....

especially if the 3.x has cams/headers/twin plugging.... i know for the money you can make a turbo faster... just saying alot of people go the n/a route for a reason, it can be really fast, and you get throttle response that no other form of induction can match (i'm assuming mfi, carbs or well sorted efi)....

in reality its pretty easy to get a 280 rwhp 930 w/o pulling the engine, all you need is the ~.9bar spring, headers, something to give some extra fuel...and there you go, close to a 300rwhp car....

however you still have lag, and poor throttle response, and turbo noise instead of flat-6 music (thats just poking the fire i know that turbo noise is music to many)...

and i'm betting that most 930, like most n/a 911's stay pretty close to stock... so if your driving a big block transplanted 911 your one of the faster cars in your pca region.

this is my experience in western canada... theres a 911 sypder
, and a 50k+ in mods 930 thats faster ....

but i know in some regions there might be more hot-rodders and then the big turbos rule the acceleration category.!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)