View Single Post
"Cheap is expensive"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
Thanks guys... I think I need to start with a new gauge first. Where and which one is the best? The over boost switch has not been grounded.
Steps for boost control

-Get a known calibrated mechanical boost gauge to replace your clock. I got a dual psi/egt from Westach that worked really well.

-Tap the boost line to the brake boost line (before the throttle plate) for the most accurate readings.

-Get a 46mm TIAL wastegate. Your stock one is most likely leaking through the shaft.

-Get a .6bar boost spring with the TIAL.

-Get a nice electronic boost controller.

You now have an accurate, and sure fire way of controlling your boost. Having a lower bar spring will help control creep, and the extra creep you will get in the winter time. It will also serve you well if you have a lean condition.

Oh, and don't ever ground out (or bypass) the over boost protection switch. Check it and make sure it's working correctly. It should trip at approx. 1.1-1.2 bar so you don't get any false trips near 1bar.

IMO you can't afford not to have superior boost control and protection. Overboost kills motors, and these motors are pricey.

Enjoy

Last edited by Brent 930; 08-18-2007 at 07:14 AM..
Old 08-18-2007, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)