View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I agree with that accept when it comes to lag. By the time the 930 gets to 3000rpm and builds the torque the 3.6L is gone. The 930 will then have a very hard time picking the 3.6 back up.
Factor in the gearing and the race is over.
Mod the 930 to get rid of lag or add a 915, or both and you will dominate cars having 100 more HP. I've seen it done.
I can't agree with that, at least in my experience.

My friend has a stripped down 911, and with less weight it really is perky as hell around town, but my heavier car takes maybe two seconds to spool and I SCREAM by him like he is standing still.

My gearing has a lot to do with that, of course, with a lower final drive.

But once the turbo hits, I am gone.

You can modify a turbo engine easily enough to put out many hundred horsepower, and a 3.6 in race trim might hit 340 hp at the crank. There is no comparison between 340 at the crank, and 580 or 600.

Around town, my friend's car is way easier to drive. And maybe it would be at the track as well.

I saw a dyno sheet on a fully built 3.9, and it didn't have as much torque as my 3.0 turbo with nothing more than a top end rebuild.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)