View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I'm really surprised, DDDD! You seemed sold on GSF. The *ONLY* reason I ended up with OBX over GSF is that I happened to be on Ebay and stumbled onto them. The price was right, they responded right away, and were willing to ship them over night. Additionally, I didn't realize that GSF came without heat - after my poor experience with B&B heater boxes (I'm convinced it was the heater box design that caused the holes), I wasn't interested in trying heat, again. SO I grabbed them without doing any real research. I never heard anything bad about Albert and/or GSF...

I thought the flange issues were with OBX and not GSF.

B&B on the other hand...NOT IMPRESSED!

I would have bought them and probably been happy but a guru at one of these boards put such a shadow of doubt in my mind about the flanges that I flinched.

I still think Albert is a great guy and really think that he is undercutting the insane ripoff Porsche prices on a lot of products.

As far as B+B headers, mine where a thing of beauty and the welds looked great. They also perform. And the flanges definitely fit, which is the seed of doubt that was planted in my head about GSF.

Sometimes you just have to trust your instincts, and I think I got one opinion too many, from a guy who is trusted and looked up to around here. This guy really stressed that he didn't like the GSF headers, in no uncertain terms, so I was really too cautious to buy them at the end.

But I am happy with the B+B's, so what the hell.

Albert is a cool guy however. And if anyone is concerned about money, they should try one of these cheaper header systems. Albert may be getting out of headers anyway because OBX is undercutting him, ironically...

If Dewolf likes his headers, than I probably should have just bought them....

$$$$$ down the drain.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)