View Single Post

Intercooler shrouding

I noted on another thread that Rarly and Craig930RS emphasized the importance of having your cooler properly shrouded and that certainly makes sense, having most or as much of the air as possible pulled through the cooler.

I'm finishing off installing a Blownsix half-bay with headers, K27-7200, Borla and Tial and plan to ensure the deck lid is blocked off around the intercooler.

Just a slight concern I have is that ,if your cooler is nicely shrouded, the deck lid is blocked off, etc, won't that exacerbate the problem for the air intake being unable to get any 'cold' air and drawing even more hotter engine bay air?

I'm thinking about running some kinda plumbing from the intake of the (standard) airbox to a hole in the shrouding that would be fitted to the deck lid, so that the engine would always be getting outside 'cold' rather than engine bay air.
Would there be any merit in this idea or would it be a waste of time and therefore a load of bollocks?

Cheers
Archie
Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)