View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I don't think putting a slight bend in the pipe is going to do anything unless you do kink it. Make it a gradual bend for best results.

With the GHL or B&B, they come with the hoses to backdate to the early style oil lines. The one you are referring to is removed and the oil line is routed under the front of the engine and to the passenger side near the engine oil cooler. Another hose screws on and takes it to the oil tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
I really like the price of OBX and GSF, but my one and only major concern is bending/pushing up the hard oil line and securing it out of the way (See Red Arrow in Pic). I'm worried it'll create a leak or a crease somewhere along the oil line and hinder the oil flow. If that line gets damaged during installation now you've just spend the cost of GHL, B&B, etc. Something to keep in mind. It's too bad they didn't design the headers with that oil line in mind.
I'm actually in the market for some headers as we speak and I'm having a really hard time with this decision. I really like the price of these less expensive headers, but installation is kind of a cobble job.

Have any of you with OBX or GSF start having leaks after your installation? Does it really bend/crease that hard oil line? Is there any other 'strange' mods that have to do for installation.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)