View Single Post
user & abuser

Garage
one other benefit of the big block transplant, assuming your using a mostly stock 3.6, is reliablity, you have 280 reliable horse power that gets okay fuel mileage.... with a modded 930 you start playing with fire, as things like a 7th/8th injector are known to fail, vacum line melts, waste gate sticks, or even an injector starts to squirt a little bit less fuel, your a/f ratio's go to ****, and you got some wild pre-combustion....

that being said, in my case with the 3.5L i don't get the super added reliablity of the 3.6L, but it weighs even less, has the early r/p, enough tire to actually lay the power down, and with 18" wheels it has more top end then a lightly modded 930.... at least what i've seen in my local club...

fresh rebuild w/new turbo/wastegate, euro cis fuelhead, and i don't believe he ever pulled on me, from a standstill it was no contest, and even at 130+.....

that being said i totally agree that a 930 can be taken well beyond those limits, as can a 911.... when you take either to the limit they will become way to fast for the road.

teo's 911 is undoubtly a rocket, 6 gears, dawe tuned 3.9L, 2500lbs with suspension and rigidy unheard of in the late 80's.... i'm not sure if i've seen a 930 build as extensive as that... i know beepbeep was crazy but its really only half porsche now...

anyways, rarly8 answered the question straight away, in this case, the 3.6Lsc would be the faster car.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)