View Single Post

I am of a similar mind and have tried to come up with some way to get unheated air into the airbox. The thing about a tube directly to the airbox is the lack of ram air effect and the length of tube to reach the box. In most American cars where there is a cold air intake, they are designed to pick up the cooler air at the front of the car and when traveling at speed, would have a slight positive pressure upon reaching the airfilter. A tube through the engine bay would eventually get hot from the surrounding air. I have seen a small scoop placed on top of the whale tail with a tube to the air intake below. Maybe this would help with the long intake syndrom with no positive pressure. Another place for a scoop could be on the passenger side of the whale tail just below the black rubber lip. The best place for keeping the bay area clean and accessible would be on the car body on the passengers side at the rear of the side window. There have been some racers with this setup. I agree about the enormous heat in the engine area. Then throw in the A/C cond. and you have even more heat!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)