View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkeefe View Post
A 2400 pound SC is pretty light. I was going to go the 3.6 route in my SC (probably in the $12K range for a good used 3.6). I chose a rebuild of the 3.0 with the turbo setup.
I can say the 3.6 transplants are very, very quick, and pull hard from fast idle up (it's the Varioram). So, the SC transplant would probably eat up a stock 930, at all but the long fast tracks, and be more streetable.

But, with the 3.6, there is no upside. Turbo cars have practically unlimited upside.
Actually this is the point that I wanted to make.

If you really love the conversion carrera and will never want MORE, than go for it.

But if you are a real horsepower junkie, you can achieve 2400 pounds EASILY in some early 930's and at the same time make 600 hp. Or put a turbo on a 3.2 carrera.

That's all....

My 76 930 will be down to close to 2400 pounds when I remove the AC, and replace the front and rear bumpers and tail with fiberglass. I started at 2630, and have already removed the spare tire and door pockets, rear seats and put headers and a straight exhaust on, which saved a lot of weight.

If you don't want more, than a 911 conversion is plenty good, however.

There is no reason not to buy a nice conversion, but don't pay a premium because resell value is questionable when you stray from stock.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)