View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_snyder View Post
Spuggy,

I get and .2 blip and some boost at 2500 also. It depends where you started giving it some gas in the RPM cycle. If I goose it at 2000 rpms its seems that I will get full boost by 3000. I will play wth it today and see if its not too hot. I have been reluctant to peg the throttle because its very warm her in So-Cal. Typical August..100 yesterday...today?

Thanks
Bob
Oh, you Californians, always unhappy about the weather. You're as bad as the bloody Brits It's nice and cool in Blighty today - unfortunately the roads are somewhat moist, and the air has lots of stuff that won't burn in it.

If I got it on the floor as soon as I shifted into 2nd, it'd make boost pretty soon. Although the stock 930 once got the car quite out of shape when I just floored it in 2nd so I tend to be careful about doing that - and especially so, considering that 2nd is the weakest gear in the 915.

If you convert to a C2-style diverter setup, don't even think about the plastic Bosch valve. I held the one that came with my Kokeln in my hand for about 3 minutes. Then I went straight into the house and bought a Forge billet replacement on Ebay... Twice the size, strippable, rebuildable. New, it's twice the price of the nasty disposable valve. No-brainer.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)