View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facey View Post
that list is alot more then the transplant 3.6 into the sc..
that list is more like teo 911's car...

it should also be noted that the 930 vs z06 comparsion has been done... craig's 930 is alot like that list, minus the efi, in place he has a capable cis setup..... but lack of power was not the problem, even with the 935 style suspension and coil-overs the z06 with its modern tricks and geometry is a superior set-up to whats possible with the stock pre-93 911 shell.

i'm a 911 guy, i'll always have one.... but being the fastest car on the block isn't the reason... if i wanted that i'd get myself a 1000hp evo and call it a day.
It is not about having a 1000 hp evo.

It is about having the first modern supercar, the 930, which is almost thirty years ahead of it's time when you consider that it keeps up with modern supercars in most areas with some upgrades.

As far as the Z06, that car still has a fairly basic suspension layout. The weight distribution is the only aspect that the 911 can't match. Bigger tires and coilovers are just a phone call away for most of us. 930 suspensions can be made to work fine.

In ten or twenty years from now, I bet the mid engine Cayman platform with a modified power plant can still hang with newer Vettes. Yeah, it is that good. Another product ahead of it's time.

I enjoy nothing more than the raw feel of a 930. I had muscle cars which handled like utter crap, no comparison to the 930. The 930 is light years ahead of other cars from that era, and even though it didn't have the overwhelming raw power, it was still the fastest production car from 0-60 in the entire world from 1975 until today (If you believe 0-60 in 3.2 seconds with a 997TT automatic).

The 930 is a legend.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)