View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
I really like the price of OBX and GSF, but my one and only major concern is bending/pushing up the hard oil line and securing it out of the way (See Red Arrow in Pic). I'm worried it'll create a leak or a crease somewhere along the oil line and hinder the oil flow. If that line gets damaged during installation now you've just spend the cost of GHL, B&B, etc. Something to keep in mind. It's too bad they didn't design the headers with that oil line in mind.
I'm actually in the market for some headers as we speak and I'm having a really hard time with this decision. I really like the price of these less expensive headers, but installation is kind of a cobble job.

Have any of you with OBX or GSF start having leaks after your installation? Does it really bend/crease that hard oil line? Is there any other 'strange' mods that have to do for installation.
Bill,

This is another nice way of running the oil pipe. Because my car came with B&B headers, I already had the flexible braided line, and mine runs under the engine/tranny bellhousing and then up to the oil t-stat in the passenger side rear fender. It's also never leaked (knock wood)

But this one runs from the case under the the bell housing:

And this one connects it to the t-stat in the rear fender

I think this is a clean way of doing it with "hard lines", and is on my list of things to do.

I'm sure you can get the parts from Pelican (and probably should, I would), but here's a link to more info:
http://pap-parts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=911%20107%20739%2010
http://pap-parts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=911%20107%20729%2010

Also, if I had it to do over, I would have bought the GSF headers. As I said, I'm perfectly happy with my OBX, but they were a bit of an impulse buy, as this is my daily driver, and I was down. I think Albert of GSF will help you put togther a nice install kit. The OBX only comes with the turbo drip tank...no other hoses or oil lines.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 08-20-2007 at 05:49 AM..
Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)