View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
How do you know the difference between OBX and GSF headers? Can you tell by looking at them because I was under the impression they are all the same headers coming from the same base supplier.
Tell me if I am wrong.
Those headers do look nice though in the picture.
I think the difference is in the "quality control". While GSF and OBX Racing are probably using some of the same "off shore" manufacturers for production (as well as Schnele), Albert (GSF) is an actual enthusiast familiar with these particular engines/cars. OBX Racing on the other hand, could really careless what the hell you drive. They mass produce tons of headers for all sorts of import cars, not just Porsche engines. Thus I think GSF can offer a better product. Additionally, GSF can put together a nice install kit with all of the necessary oil lines and fittings; with OBX you really only get the headers and a drip tank.

OBX claims to be making their headers out of superior T321 stainless, I'm not sure if GSF uses this same material or T306 or T308???...also not sure if OBX is being honest, I never had the metal tested and there were no mill markings on the pipes.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)