View Single Post
"Cheap is expensive"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAmand View Post
Thanks for the info... My CDI unit is making the high pitched whine like it should also. Is there a way to test it ? It sure is bizzare that I can drive 1500 miles without a problem and then it dies in my own yard. I've checked the primary and secondary resistance on the coil. Primary is good, but I'm not sure about the secondary as I'm not certain I have the right specs for the 930 3.3 litre coil ( I'm using the 3.2 coil specs ) . Also, When the key is on I have no power to the coil. How do you check the green wire to the distributer ( Resistance, continuity or power ) ? It sure would be great if someone has a wiring schematic for the 930...

Thanks,
Robert
I no longer have my car or the manual, but I remember that there is no voltage to either terminal of the coil pack (only the center one). One terminal is the RPM wire, and the other is ground. Do you have a meter to confirm one of the terminals is ground? At this point it appears your problem is either the CDI unit or coil pack. I hope it's the coil pack since the CDI units are really expensive.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)