View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellcats521 View Post
OBX are 321 - I had them tested. That alone puts them on top of the 'off the rack' 930 headers IMO, but I'll also say that fitment was better than any B&B product (on ANY car, not just a Porsche) that I've seen.

I don't know what vertex/GSF/dansk stainless headers are made of - only the ghl's are also documented as a 'production' 321 stainless header.
That's good to know. I should also point out that some have suggested that because the exhaust port flange holes (where the exhaust studs fit) on OBX are drilled slightly too large, that this would cause exhaust leaks. I can say from experience with my daily driven car in 103 degree weather that mine have not leaked!!!! I haven't even had to snug up the nuts holding them to the heads! Even with my B&Bs, I had to snug up these nuts a time or two. So i think this idea of them loosening might be a theory?! Not to mention, there are other things helping to secure the headers: turbo support bracket, muffler hanger/bracket, etc. Also, the lack of heater boxes make the OBX, hella light weight!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-21-2007, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)