View Single Post
Driver

Garage
What's this wire?

I took off the intercooler on my stock US '87 930 to change the fuel filter as part of routine maintenance. Down between the fuel filter and motor (on driver's side of engine compartment), I found a disconnected electrical connection, 3-prong (2 male/1 female, or vice versa depending on your perspective). Where does this go/come from? What does it do? Other than an episodic rough cold start, the car runs just fine.

The disconnected connector:

Where it goes. It disappears down and forward. Note the other end of it (what it should be connected to) on the left, pointing downwards:

Close up of picture #2, above. Essentially same view:

Reconnected. The other end emanates from the mass of wires under the fuel filter area. You can see it peeking out from between the hose clamp and Phillips bolt in front of my fingertip:

Addendum: The 2 times I've started the car up since reconnecting the wire (and replacing the intercooler), no rough cold start. Not wanting to alter too many variables at the same time, I did not wind up changing the fuel filter.

Last edited by Noah930; 08-22-2007 at 09:47 AM..
Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)