View Single Post

Well tonight I was finally able to get the Pistons and cylinders on the case. This is where I had my first mess up of the rebuild. On the second cylinder I had to keep on stopping to take care of work calls... bad idea... I got the clip in the realized I forgot the gasket! I was able to get the clip out (luckily it was a Porsche clip and not JE). I couldn't get the wrist pin out b/c the 1st cylinder was in the way. After sitting there for a minute sweating my a$$ off debating on what to do (it was 101 degrees today, and there is no A/C in my garage) I came up with a solution. I used sockets to slowly take the place of the pin and push it out. I made sure not to forget the gasket for the rest of them.

Once again I am pushing my rebuild back. The only part I don't have back are my cams, and my camgrinder went awal. after not returning my calls all week and already having the cams for close to a month, I finally called and got a hold of him this afternoon, he said they would be done today and that he would call, of course there was no call. Looks like no P-car for the last beach trip of the season on labor day weekend
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)