View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Hmmmmmm...

I just can't see myself pulling up at a business function or formal affair or even the drug store in some winged-out Evo puffing nitrous out the hood and chirping from its pop-off valve.

On the other had I can take that modded & rodded fire breathing rowdy 930 anywhere and the valet boys are drooling and ricer boy's women are going "why don't you get something like that honey?" Like someone else mentioned... some of these cars are 30 yrs old.. they still look gorgeous, demand respect from both on-lookers and the driver, and we continue to mod, drive & pamper these cars.

I'd also have a problem dropping $30 large or more for something with-out any real heritage etc.. Part of the rub with some of these cars like the Evo, the STi, the old Skyline, the Supras Turbo Z cars and such.. is at that at the end of the day you're still pushing a ricer.

Call it snob appeal or what ever you want, a Porsche Turbo is, and will always be a performance Icon!

Now bow down and kiss the ring!!

Oh and back to topic... +1 with what Garen said about the lightwieghtearly cars...

P-
Wow, comments about the 930 don't get any better than that! AMEN
Old 08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)