View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Last update for this post:
I broke down and put the electric oil pump in, with a catch can. The Rajay is very finicky...if I park on an uphill, the car will smoke for a short time, less than a minute. Otherwise, it's fine. Had to put in a new auxilliary thermostat, the old one failed by bypassing too much oil, of all things, even though the thermostat portion stll worked fine. Put in a new Setrab cooler in the fenderwell, with a full custom aluminum shroud and Spal fan (I bring the fan on with a Honeywell remote bulb thermostat strapped to the oil line, the controller looks somewhat out of place bolted into the trunk).

The car seems to run fine, my AFR's are in the mid 12's, 11's on boost. I reset the timing on the stock SC distributor to 5 BTDC (I had tried to emulate the 930 timing by retarding it a bit, but the car ran like crap).

The water injection comes on at 3 PSI boost, and drops the temperatures down to whatever is entering the airbox. I may have to change nozzles at the track when I can stay on the boost longer. I have 5 PSI total boost. I'm making positive manifold pressure at part throttle (2200 RPM) going up the mountain where I live. The car seems to be pretty peppy. It's like a normal SC up to about 3200 RPM, then pulls really hard up to 7000 RPM.

Gotta change the ugly 18 lb Flowmaster for my new lightweight M&K this week, then its off for corner balance and dyno. My fear is that the dyno will say 195 HP, and I will only then realize the performance gains are a figment of my imagination.

Pat
Old 08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)