View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Thanks to all for the input, advice, and patience!

The car is back to it's smooth ol' self!

I ended up pulling the fuel head. These things really aren't meant to be disassembled and/or tampered with (unless you're Porschephd)...so I proceeded with care and only cleaned things...know your limits. I think it's possible the workings were just sort of gummed up where the head sits on the metering housing. Also it's possible some shiat came out when I removed the regulator side of the head. Once I re-installed it and pressurized the fuel system, the sensor plate acted with much more sensitivity...the car started right up

As others pointed out, the sensor plate does have some resistance when the fuel is flowing.

MANY THANKS TO ALL!
You are scaring me man .......

...... I hope mine never does that ...... at least you got it fixed and we all benefit from seeing what the problem was and how you fixed it.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)