View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by petri View Post
Response:
.03 I disagree: honestly 930 has itself very ****ty original brakes up to 965 have reasonable ones (note: if you have an original historic very valuable piece of 930 still with original parts, please don't upgrade it!!!) and as far as I know, any 911 (except factory RSR race cars with 917 brakes) didn't have anything better than 930 compared to the power/weight ratio.
Therefore - as if 930 doesn't have the brakes it deserves because of it's capability, how come any 911 transplant would have that?

I see your point Rarly, of course in the regular traffic with an excellent brake pads (Ferodo 2500 or no higher) and excellent brake fluids (Motul RBF 600 or so) you can do a braking or two with reasonable co efficiency with the upgraded engine. But if you consider 911 transplant even faster than 930 stock (which already has a questionable brakes, which maybe they were about to be ok compared to the others in that time, but not any more today), why you shouldn't consider upgrading the brakes as well?...........
...........Not even to street and traffic use.
-1 With all due respect, one big time disagree with the notion the 930 (1978-1989) brakes are marginal. Unless you are doing serious tracking with the 930's, the brakes are excellent. And if you are tracking the 930, the first thing one should be doing is putting the car on a serious weight reduction.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-30-2007, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)