View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930LDR View Post
440 to the wheels retaining CIS is more than just a little more than optimistic. That is 500+ hp to the crank which is far from a standard CIS build. With the normal modifications such as turbo, headers, exhaust, cams and fuel enrichment 440 to the Crank could still take some coaxing depending on individual components selected.

All those websites I mentioned can achieve around 480-500 hp with modified CIS fuel heads. The tuners would always prefer to add EFI, and with EFI, you are getting right into the 500's.

It is pretty much the standard type builds that they offer. Call them and that is what they offer. Most have it down to a package offer.

Clearly, most people go to EFI anyway, but I really don't need to split hairs over what is the exact definition of a standard build, whether it involves CIS work or EFI or what is an exact horsepower figure.

I consider a standard build to be what is straight forward and easily done by the majority of tuners out there. 500 crank horsepower in a 930 is simply not difficult to achieve. EFI is clearly a better choice at that level, but still somewhat optional. Tuners will modify a CIS right up to it's cut off point, which is about 500 crank. That is what they do for a living.

My car has nothing more than top end work and some extra fuel flow through the CIS and puts out plenty of power to burn ALMOST ANY (edited for Facey) normally aspirated 911. The turbo lag lasts a second, but I can avoid that 99% of the time with correct shifting.

Last edited by DDDD; 08-31-2007 at 02:38 PM..
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)