View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx1 View Post
Yeah, the 63-67 are the Vettes to own if you are going to do it. 427s only came in the 66-69 years. The 66-67 427 4 speeds are probably the coolest models of all time. I think my favorite would be a 66 Big block coupe with factory sidepipes

I owned a 70 350-350hp 4 speed and it was a cool looking car except it rattled and squeaked like crazy .... plus the frames on those models were weak and rotted out easily.

Maybe I would change my mind about Corvettes if I drove a new Z06, but I just couldn't deal with the looks of the thing ..... it's not a bad looking car in any way, but just too cookie cutter looking for me.
I have always liked the Stingrays, but from the 80's on, Vettes are just cookie cutter.

My car is a Hot Rod. Every place I go, my car is instantly the center of attention. People simply stop what they are doing to look at my Porsche 930.

I can't get gas without getting involved in a conversation anymore.

People on their lawn stop what they are doing and rubber neck.

I feel like I am converting a whole generation of children to Porsche.

I really just can't find any reason to own a new car of any type.

Do I really need more performance? What would that get me when I have a total package that creates a scene just by showing up?

People drive older cars for a reason. They are COOL.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)