View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

I agree EFI is not overrated, but as stated earlier in this thread, you can not compare the two systems. If I had it to do all over again, I would have kept CIS, sold the car, used the money ear-marked for the conversion and bought a newer turbo, complete with better aerodynamics, suspension, 3.6 motor (maybe even water-cooled - ahhhhhhh!!), etc.

The reason I went with EFI was control, and no matter what anyone may think about CIS, you can not control the engine like a good EFI system. On the other hand, that means the EFI is more complicated. But your rewards a greater in terms of drivability, power delivery, economy, potential upgrades/modifications, etc.

I just finished helping someone rebuild his motor (it will be a monster) and converted it to EFI. He put a budget together for all the major parts, but my caution to him was the small stuff will eat his lunch - misc fittings, plumbing, mount fabrication, silicone tubes, SS clamps, relays, elect supply buses, etc. He called me the other day and said, wow, you were right about all the small stuff. Ouch.

Anyway, by far the most important thing after installing the nice EFI system is tuning it. To do it right, finding the right person who knows how to do it and paying them for it, is tough and is big bucks too.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)