View Single Post

I purchased some stainless sheet metal and have gone the way of Rarly and Craig930, it should work really well, I will make sure the tinware around my new K27 is nicely sealed so the only path for the air to follow is through the intercooler.

Been thinking about a 'water mister', possibly a windscreen washer bottle with a fine mist nozzle positioned just above the 'intake' for the intercooler. I removed my air-con so could use the power from that and activate it using the switch.
I believe there could be some benefit introducing a fine spray into quite a fast airflow going through an intercooler,(assuming it is properly shrouded) especially if that fast airflow's pressure is decreased and cooling, wouldn't introducing rapidly evaporating fine water droplets help it cool faster? Any thoughts?

I wanted to mod the standard airbox but I'm not quite convinced it would be a success and besides there is still the fundamental problem of heatsoak.
Really like the BMC from Fabspeed but me being a Scot and therefore known to be somewhat 'careful' with money sometimes, $245 (300AUD) does seem like alot, might have to keep looking on ebay.

Chuck- got the cooler in, little bit of a kerfuffle but no major problems, does look good, will get some pictures and details to you.

Cheers
Old 08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)