View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Euro View Post
This may be a little of topic, but I currently have a daily driver that is a 3.6 conversion. It is a 84 carrera with FG bumpers, and a few other weight saving parts. Motor has B&B exhaust, Elgin cams and springs, SW 93oct chip, ltw flywheel, re-geared 915 and a few other small mods. Car runs exceptionally well and gets 25 mpg if I keep my foot out of it. I have had my share of other cars taunting me and am proud to say I have not been left behind(never bite of more than you can chew). It has been very dependable and I have taken many long trips with it. I have put on over 18K miles in last 14 months.
With that said, I have been wanting more power lately. Could I have same kind of reliability and fuel mileage if I added a turbo or a supercharger? What kind of gains could be expected at an entry level setup?
BINGO!

For most people, a 3.6 conversion is great.

But if you just have to have a fire-breathing monster, than you need to go turbo.

That is all I have been saying all along.

The turbo/supercharger is for those of us that always want MORE.

For the people out there that simply want to floor it and hit warp 9.9, the normal aspirated Porsche engine is never going to be fast enough.

Yeah, some of us want an 'extreme' ride. I want the scene outside my windshield to look like Star Trek when I hit the gas, and that is what the turbo does best.

I put up with the initial lag to get the extra kick in the pants.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)