View Single Post

Comparing a 94' 964 3.6 to any 3.3/Turbo is like comparing apples to oranges. I personally ran both in my 77' conversion. Due to fiberglass fenders/quarters/bumpers, my car was around 2200/lbs at most.

I upgraded to a 86' 3.3 turbo motor 1st. The only mods I had on it was a 1/bar spring, a K-27, and a set of GHL headers. This motor coupled with my light body made the car scream!!

It was very dependable for a good 5/years with very low maintenance. Finally that dreaded day came when I had that awful sound (rod knock). Instead of doing a re-build, I opted for a stock 94' C/2 motor.

The motor I found had only 40k on it and had a few mods (intake, exhaust, chip). I figured it should be making somewhere in the 280hp range. The car was still very quick, but I have no doubt that the 3.3 would have smoked it.

I eventually sold it because it was no longer fun to drive. I now have an 01' 996 with race headers, k&n intake, mapped computer, and even though I know it's heavier, it would have smoked the 3.6 as well.

Point I'm making is we can all state our opinions on what we think is faster based on this and based on that. Until you line them up against one another, know one really knows. I do have the advantage of having both engines in the same car and I opt for the turb anyday!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)