View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I have thought often about the expensive overkill materials being used on my exhaust products and the SSIs.
The SSI units are made of 347 grade stainless. Nobody in the industry that I am aware of uses materials of that standard. The exhaust products are 321 which again is more resiliant than the standard 304.
They should outlast the cars they are installed on. The challenge is to make a product that can withstand all sorts of issues and applications, from mild to wild, from perfect running EFI to a completely worn out CIS.

With that being said, headers such as the OBX have their place. They cost about 1/3 what you will pay for SSI, B&B, GHL and other heat exchanger style units. Not everyone wants or needs the expensive systems and if your engine is in perfect tune they may not crack for many trouble free miles. Lots of variables and applications.

Fitment issues are a different subject. No excuse for that. You should be able to send them back for a fix, exchange, or refund if not damaged.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)