View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Ben:
To my knowledge, I am the only guy with a turbo conversion that has posted any dyno data. I would actually like to see some of the other converts, like yours or Jerry's, etc., with dyno charts for comparison. I am actually happy with the way this turned out, and I wanted the power band to be in this rev range for the track, as that power band is really not necessary for regular street use.

In the last couple of days, I did get to see a couple of factory 930 engines out of the cars. To be honest, I had never seen one on a stand before. I was surprised at the size of the compressor section on the K-series turbos. I probably should have looked at one before I reinvented the wheel 10 times over.

I could probably get a bit quicker spool with something other than the factory SC heat exchangers (likely flow improvement into the turbine). At this point in time, I have no plans to make any more mods to the engine; I got what I got, and that's it. Gotta get the 914 engine together next, that project is 8 months behind schedule.

My new muffler sounds pretty good, and probably contributed to the HP gains I see!!!

Pat
Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)