View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

I posted this same response on the Rlist... in case some of you arent' on that list...

I had bought my GT-2 style c-2 turbo front bumper from them about 7 years ago. I had it made in CF, instead of FG. I had to pay it in full before they even started to make it ( which I can understand as a CF part is expensive). However, as it was deemed a "special order", if I was not happy, I was out of luck. I think it took them about a month, but when the piece arrived, I was NOT a happy person. It took me close to 60 to 80 hours of wetsanding and polishing just to look like the piecies I get from M.A.Shaw out of the box. The piecies I purchased from M.A.Shaw were all in CF and included both doors, both front fenders, hood, GT-2 tail, and C-2 side skirts.... All of which, when pulled out of the box, looked PERFECT, and actually bolted up and fitted quite well. The BB bumper was another story. I had to modify the upper lip, and I felt like the demensions were wrong, as when it was on, it needed ALLOT of tweeking to get it to look right. Now that it is on, It has held up well, and they were the only ones making that front bumper... so I could not go with anyone else. When I called them to discuss with them the problems that I was having, and the unfinished condition of the part.... ( I left the carbon with the clear gelcoat, I did not paint it), they stated....Sorry, but it is a custom part...and would not discuss it further. That one experiance has soured me from ever doing business with them again.
Even If I was going to paint the part, it still would have needed 40 or more hours of prep work to get it ready for paint.... Hell, the part surface was soo rough, I had to start with 40 grit paper to knock it down!!!!!!!!

just my .02 cents, but if I were you, I would contact M.A. Shaw, Getty design, or a few other places..... and forgo that shop...until they get their act together... Oh, and why in this day in age doesn't a shop have a CC machine??? Probably, because it is easier to dispute the charges and get your money back if there is a problem. With a wire transfer or a Money order, cashiers check, etc....once its theirs...its gone!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)