View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I already clocked the turbo compressor housing as much as possible. This is what I meant in the last sentence of item 4 in my original message. This only gained about 1/8 inch of vertical height.
The issues I did not mention were that the intake pipe from the OEM BOV casting (the pipe that goes thru the heat shielding into the inlet of the compressor) is clearly off center downward by the same 1/4 ich that the turbo is high. This is not optimal for intake flow into the nicely machined venturi on my K27 turbo.
Just seems like a lot of modification, which I do not mind, as long as it is an improvement on design. I do not like making mods, especially irreversible ones in the case of the intercooler shrouding, to fix fitment issues with expensive aftermarket parts. Some of the dimensional inaccuracy of the headers, especially the heater pipe locations are off by inches not fractions of inches. Effectively I cannot connect to them with flexible tubing to even get the heat I wanted in the first place without cutting them and rewelding sections of the tube.
Everyone, thanks for the advice so far though.......keep ideas coming.

Fred
Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)