View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieboy View Post
No worries... I did find out that Powerhaus is selling B&B meaning they are the same headers. So, I don't think there's any quality/performance difference

Back to the longer primaries - I thought longer ones mean that it will take longer to build boost since it takes longer to fill those?
When I went from short pipes to (B&B's) to equal length customs. The equals have very tight radius bends too. I noticed on the dyno that power came in later - about 200 rpm later. However, top end power (about the last 1200 rpm) more than made up for the 200 rpm delayed spool. The equals added a bit more than 20hp on top and more importantly, about 20 ft lbs of torque around 5500.

If you have a relatively stock motor with CIS, and you do mostly street driving and occasional DE's, the equal length pipes are not for you. If you DE frequently or race the car, and the motor has good mods (at least a cam), then consider the equal length pipe.

My equal length pipes do not have heat, but I live in GA and heat is not important - except for the occasional need for defrosting. However, when I had the engine oil cooler still on my engine, I made a box to collect the heat here and duct it to the heating system. Worked OK. Just an idea....
Old 09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)