View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
It sounds like I have alot more fitment problems than most of you guys with the K27S.
I will try to send photos since I do not have any currently and need to take some. This may shed light on the issues better.
----Regarding the turbo support bracket, slotting the holes where it mounts to the engine only solves the alignment issues in one plane of movement (across car), the other plane of misalignment in fore-aft direction cannot be corrected without cutting and rewelding the bracket.
----Regarding the special adaptor for the turbo outlet, which I did purchase with the kit. I had alot of trouble installing that to the turbo outlet because it was machined too tight and the o-ring was destroyed while pressing it on. I greased the hell out of the o-ring and the end of the turbo before pressing it on and it still tore the or-ring. It still sits too high now and is what is ultimately causing the intercooler to sit too high and not mount to the engine or the hood to close.
----No excuse for the heater tubes to be so far off.
-------I do not know if it was OBX or GSF headers I recieved from IA, they did not specify when I placed the order. How can I tell by looking at them myself?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)