View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Thinking back, I never had to remove the stock exhaust system, since my car came with a new set of B&B headers (well almost three years ago, they were new). However, the Porsche shop that installed them for the previous owner must have figured out a way to use an impact wrench on the nuts!!! I was amazed that the shop hadn't broken the studs *INSTALLING* the nuts...hella tight!

At any rate this is the collection of wrenches that I used to remove them; once for an engine rebuild, and a second time to replace the B&Bs with OBX. Once things had been soaked for a few days with the Kroil, the nuts came off with ease. Tricky part was figuring out how to access them...hence the offset and shorty combo wrenches pictured. Also, the ratcheting box wrench fitted with that socket was invaluable...I was also able to use that socket with an array of other wrenches. Because the studs/nuts are located diagonal from each other, you can reach them...just takes patience and getting creative with how you fit your wrenches...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 09-12-2007, 02:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)