View Single Post

Garage
Bad accumulator?

Thanks again for the help with the dizzy vacuum guys, I have one other issue maybe someone can help with. Recently I have noticed that the fuel pumps come on with the key in the on position but not started, this does not happen all the time, and there is no pattern. More often than not it happens when the car has been sitting, but ocassionally with a warmed up engine as well. The fuel pumps make some noise, but to my ear they don't exactly sound sick maybe they are. The car starts fine and idles fine (co set 3% idle o2 sensor disconnected) AFRs are too rich across the board 10 or so on boost with the cloud of smoke when I really get on it. The green connection behind the CIS flapper is secure. The engine feels very labored when revved above 4000 rpm, and when cruising off boost on the freeway at 80mph or so it feels like it is working too hard, like I am towing a boat or something. I have ordered the CIS test guage from our host. does this sound like low fuel pressure to you guys? Will a bad accumulator give you problems while running, or just starting problems? Also what all do I need to test the CIS, I saw that I need some kind of hand pump with a guage to pressurize the WUR for testing, can I get this at the auto parts store, or is this another special tool? This is on an 87 with a 1bar spring and muffler only.

Again, thanks for the help guys,

Eric
Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)