View Single Post

I just went through this and the only way to know is with a scope. My wheel wasn't wobbling but I was picking up interference from the mag sensor. I had placed the sensor in the dist and built a chopper wheel. Done it many times before, but this time the sensor picked up to much interference at around 5K. Tach would drop signal and bounce all over and the dyno would pick up the jerkiness as well. Switching the system over to a hall sensor produced a clean stable signal. I did end up also moving the sensor and put teeth on the flywheel. I am running a 3 tooth wheel. Many times a mag sensor is not stable because of the construction. The hall sensor creates its own signal thus producing a more stable edge. I suggest the Honeywell sensor and will be happy to provide the actual number if you would like it.

You will notice that with a hall sensor on both crank and cam the car will actually start better as well.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)