View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I don't have a sound byte because I have yet to hear one that actually sounds like being there. It's a difficult thing. I am open to suggestions.

The heat problem does not seem to be an absolute. I can see having a problem if you track the car. Mine got warm enough (when tracked) with the stock muffler to allow the spray on adhesive to give up holding the heat padding on the inside of my fiberglass bumper.
I have yet to experience excessive heat and have never used the factory heat shield. You need to get some air between your muffler and the bumper. My muffler was designed to tuck in as close to the engine and as far from the bumper as possible to optimise heat dissapation and ease of installation.
If you need a shield the factory one is best. It bolts to both the bumper and the valance to help protect them. If any part of your muffler touches the shield it will make matters worse.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)