View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
The plugs are replaced with NGK W4(?) not sure the number but they are the next heat range higher plug than the expensive stock Bosch plug.
I was wondering how the AAR would effect the system if it malfunctioned because of 2 reasons.
You mentioned that your car never high idles even during cold start-up, mine seems to idle at 1200rpm for extended amounts of time, sometimes even after driving it for a few minutes it will still hold a high idle speed. Could this indicate an AAR valve hangin up?
Second, if this valve got contaminated with alot of oil from the intercooler would this cause it to malfunction like this.....hanging open slightly or taking long time to finally close? Reason I am asking is that the turbo oil seals was going and it was blowing alot of oil into the intake and intercooler under high boost loads. This oil eventually would make its way into the AAR thru the hose that connected to it from the intercooler.
So, does this indicate more an AAR valve issue or should I still be leaning towards fouled plugs?

Fred
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)