View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oms930 View Post
Thanks for the reply Craig! The same question was asked on Rennlist and I'll paste my response here from my RL thread:
"
I was surprised about that too. I ended up calling Dynapack USA to ask about that. The answer was that provided the total correction factor (tcf on the chart) is one (1), it is the rear-wheel power as "seen" by the Flywheel divided by the ratio shown on the chart, in this case 3.86. (at least that's my best understanding of the confusing explanation). The ratio apparently is the final drive ratio multiplied by the gear ratio of the gear used. For instance with the torque, apparently what the flywheel "sees" as the rear wheel torque using my chart earlier as an example, is a little over 2000 lb-ft, and to translate that to the real number you have to adjust for the ratio.
How's that for a convoluted long answer

The short answer is that it is rear wheel power. Apparently Dynapack removed the word Flywheel in the later versions of the software because it was causing too much confusion."
OMG - this is what I love about dyno's - correction factors and convoluted explanations. At least you have a ball-park idea, which is perfectly fine.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)