View Single Post

My goodness... you guys are hardcore this morning
I guess I will have to be more illustrative than with the 914 and BMW guys. I was only trying to make the point that getting to 438whp is no small task. I am positive that Craig put in a ton of blood, sweat, tears and yes, Benjamins (100 dollar bills) behind that effort. Upon intial read of his post it looked like a simple task to bolt up a turbo and set of headers with a few injection mods in the process. My personal research shows that those adders (I gleaned from his post) will only get you to maybe, if you are lucky, 300whp.
I don't think my comment was out of line, but I guess I will refrain from adding levity to this serious thread. I will keep my levity for other threads.
Anyway, most of you saw my post yesterday from the dyno so you realize I am extremely interested in getting to 300whp. My initial research showed it will take about $5,000 to buy a K-27, a bigger intercooler, a 1.0Bar spring and then you have to do the install yourself. Fortunately I have the Euro CIS so I "might" be able to get away with minimal injection modding.
I spent a lot of time talking to our local guru about cams and other perceived "bolt-ons" and unless you are ready to rebuild the motor to match hardware upgrades, the most effective and cost efficient way is to go with the turbo, IC and boost spring. I have a pretty much straight through exhaust but that would be a must also if that is not already on the car.
Hopefully that "serious" empirical research will get me off the *****list
Engine Rebuild & Restorations

Last edited by DSPTurtle; 09-19-2007 at 07:15 AM..
Old 09-19-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)