View Single Post

Brian, can you elaborate a little please. My understanding that the cams will require other items to be rebuilt/upgraded/modded also. I would love to not have to go any further than pulling the cam towers and swapping in a new cam profile. But my assumption is that this will move the powerband so associated things like rod bolts, tolerances and cylinder mating surfaces need to be better matched to handle the moved powerband. Anyone here ever just "bolted on" a set of cams with no adverse motor effects?
Oh yeah, as a tangent to this question, for streetability purposes, shouldn't we be more focused on improving the torque curve (moving it down in the rev band/flatter and bigger)? Something tells me I won't be exceeding 120mph very often to use the RPM but the torque will allow me to get there quicker! Wouldn't this also affect which grind someone should choose? I would love to hear a 930 with a lumpy idle... not necessarily mine though in traffic
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)