Thread: Crank pulley
View Single Post

Question Crank pulley

Probably a dumb question however I do not know

Just left the garage where I was having my alternator replaced due to the 16+ volt syndrome. While there mechanic noted the crank pulley had a slight bend near top edge of it. Said shouldnt make a difference, looked like someone bent it in the past probably doing the alternator...

Anyhow do not know if he did or not I really do not care, my question is should it be replaced even with a small outer bend (I am thinking yes) & can it be done with engine in car.

I didnt pay much attention to it when talking to him, thought about it on the way home.

So, Crank pulley (with A/C) 1988 930 can it be done in the car & what is the method of replacement & torque. Basically just need instruction so I know what is involved.

Thanks for the help/tips in advance. I will order from Pelican looks like 930-102-024-03-OEM is the pulley I need. Rather spend extra & have a new one than junk. Also it seems according to the parts blow out no washer is needed- Just the bolt to the pulley...

Regards,
Chris
Old 09-19-2007, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)