View Single Post
Me like track days

I like the idea of the guide Brian has, but you will not need 1.0 bar to get 350 hp - and I personally would not do 1.0 bar without fuel modifications.

The Brian Leask adjustable WUR allows 3 adjustments:

Cold start
Warm run
Full boost enrichment

The RPM switch is an excellent idea because you do not need the FULL, and I mean all hell breaks loose full gush fuel dump at 3,000 rpm, the point at which modern turbochargers produce FULL BOOST. It is 'tunable' by inserting an rpm plug of varying RPM full boost threshold. Mine happens to be 5,200 rpm - up from 3k stock.

Again, there are variables which need to be taken into account here.
If you require the fuel head THEN wish to take that extra step in order have a higher HP 930 engine (yep, easy to do and not a stretch from a mid-300s hp engine), then an RPM switch is also required.

So, to "get there" HP-wise, I'd suggest the WUR 1st in conjunction with the K27 HFS, headers, 8 bar and probably $$$ cams.

For a street beast, the leap to safe, high HP is a tiny step dollar wise from a 320-hp car.

And don't forget that full CIS checkup prior to that HP bump - including injectors!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)