View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Oxner View Post
I also bought a set of the C2 turbo cylinders to rebuild my 85 930. The viton o-rings on the base of the cylinders seem to be pretty straightforward, but I am a little concerned about the head gaskets. If the head gasket is not used on the 930 will the C2 cylinders seal OK? Tom Oxner
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Oxner View Post
How does one adjust the deck height if the head gasket is not used (shims under the cylinders)? Tom Oxner
Yes, I used the cylinder/spigot base gaskets (.5mm). I don't know what the original thickness of the factory base gaskets were, but I suspect .25mm. This combination of base gasket without head gasket gave me a deck height of .035". I have never measured the thickness of the factory C2 head gaskets, but suspect they are something less than .25mm.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 09-21-2007, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)