View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
The RPM switch is an excellent idea because you do not need the FULL, and I mean all hell breaks loose full gush fuel dump at 3,000 rpm, the point at which modern turbochargers produce FULL BOOST. It is 'tunable' by inserting an rpm plug of varying RPM full boost threshold. Mine happens to be 5,200 rpm - up from 3k stock.
That is precisely the area I am typing about. That 3000rpm dump point is not an absolute and can be tuned out. An rpm switch does not reduce the dump, it just moves it so that the extra fuel dump is in an area where it can be used so it does not show up on the graph as excessive. It does work as it was designed, just not the way I would go about getting there due to the variables seen in boost threshold. I prefer to control boost enrichment by boost signal, not by rpm.

The above "guide" is very simplistic. There are many ways to achieve the same HP levels.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)