View Single Post
Me like track days

The fuel head will cost $500-ish, you may not need it, and you must install (not a simple job, drop the engine)
The fuel head allows a known and absolute margin of safety that can be 'dialed back' using the RPM switch and 3 way adjustable WUR.

$500 (?) for the head, $300-ish for the WUR, and not much at all for the RPM switch setup gets you all the way there for virtually guaranteed safe AFRs. Just judge if you want to jump all the way in dollar wise all at once when you *may* not need to.
High HP 930 engines almost always need the fuel head anyways, so that is the route I took towards the:
"How much power do you have? How did you get there?"
If high HP is your goal, I'd do all three. The fuel head may not be required, but for me it was.

As another aside - 'getting there' is fairly easy due to Brain Leask's WUR/RPM instructions.
Brain has written some of the very best manuals I have ever seen.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)