View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
Hey this question is for Stephen at Imagine Auto:
Could you post a load of pictures showing the install process of the K27S turbo and headers in a step by step fashion along with a few shots of the final finished installation on this forum? This should be something that could show details of whats involved on your web site as well? Nothing too in depth at first but just the major points in the process, highlighting required mods to the stock 930 turbo owners system. This could be added to in the process as time permits. I know you have done alot of these installations and must have documented the process better than most on this forum.

This may give a clear indication of what to expect during this installation and all the necessary modifications that need to be made to make this all go together.
That way if anything out of the ordinary occurs it would help to narrow down the reason for the problems......either bad header design/faulty construction, K27 versus stock 3LDZ dimensional differences, etc.
This would have several advantages:
1) The potential buyer knows exactly what is required in terms of modifications to the engine hardware such as the turbo support bracket, intercooler mounting/shielding, oil line mods or replacement etc. before he purchases the system.
2) When something appears during the install that is more than the mods listed above, the installer knows how to isolate the faulty component or at least the likely reason.
3) No more miscommunication between the buyer and the seller on what is considered drop in bolt on or no modification required. This leads to no ambiguity that quite often gets tagged to poor marketting or what not. This still reflects badly on the company selling the product and leads to ill will on the buyers part when alot more work/expense and time is involved then originally understood.

What do you think?

Fred,

The next time we install one on a car I will do a ton of pic and do one of my write ups. I have pictures, but not with building a how to with them in mnd so they will not be a ton of help. Give me a little time and I will get it done for you.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)