Thread: More on Bucking
View Single Post

More on Bucking

So, a interesting happened on the way home from the dance... actually it was from class in Orlando (I live 50 miles from my Sat morning class). This is usually our special time together on the highway and the morning ride was awesome. But, on the way home she started acting funny about half way through the trip. As the car would approach boost RPMs it would hesitate, stay at current speed and then blast forward only to slow again and then blast forward again. Sounds like fun but it was actually pretty scary to drive as the car squats and gets light when the power came on. As most of you know, it was on the dyno earlier in the week and the AFRs were within spec (a little rich for some of your taste but my trusted Pcar guru said no problem). Anyway, not sure what the heck was going on but it kept the same problem when I got into town driving and tried to play in first and second gear. I got home and pulled the IC and reseated everything (different reason in a different post). Although the IC and up pipe had more oil then usual in it but I pulled it straight away after the 50 mile trek while everything was still piping hot so maybe it just did not have time to drain back down. I really hope oil in the intake is truly "normal" and the turbo is not eating itself!!!
Any ideas on what the heck is going on?
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-22-2007, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)