Thread: Hit by Truck
View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
Show a little compassion, dude.

If I owned a low milage, pristine future museum piece, I'd hide it away and drive it only on sunny Sundays (once a month at that) for 15 miles at a time. I'd do this precisely to avoid what happened to DeWolf's car.
By the way, I used to have a car like this but I got sick of staring at it in the garage and worrying about it when I did take it out.
If I owned a nice driver (like I do now) I'd drive it and not worry too much about it. My definition of a nice driver is a medium to high milage car (50,000 miles and up) that is mechanically sound and has maybe been repainted, or not. With that kind of milage it might have a minor accident in it's past. If the car has this kind of milage, it's no longer a collector's car anyway.
Bottom line is the more you drive your car, the more risk you expose it to. If you are the kind of person that wants to preserve a car in it's original state, you can't afford to use it much at all. If it's a driver, get it fixed and don't let it raise your blood pressure. If it was a collector's car, fix it, sell it and look for another virgin to own.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 09-23-2007, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)